15 Inspirational Quotes By Richard P. Feynman
Posted on Thu Feb 08, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.
2. Nature uses only the longest threads to weave her patterns, so that each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization of the entire tapestry.
3. It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn’t agree with experiment, it’s wrong.
4. We do not know what the rules of the game are; all we are allowed to do is to watch the playing. Of course, if we watch long enough, we may eventually catch on to a few of the rules. The rules of the game are what we mean by fundamental physics.
5. The fact that the colors in the flower have evolved in order to attract insects to pollinate it is interesting; that means insects can see the colors. That adds a question: does this aesthetic sense we have also exist in lower forms of life?
6. Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars – mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?
7. What one fool can understand, another can.
8. I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.
9. You’re unlikely to discover something new without a lot of practice on old stuff, but further, you should get a heck of a lot of fun out of working out funny relations and interesting things.
10. See that the imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man.
11. Each piece, or part, of the whole of nature is always merely an approximation to the complete truth, or the complete truth so far as we know it. In fact, everything we know is only some kind of approximation because we know that we do not know all the laws as yet.
12. For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.
13. The internal machinery of life, the chemistry of the parts, is something beautiful. And it turns out that all life is interconnected with all other life.
14. The most remarkable discovery in all of astronomy is that the stars are made of atoms of the same kind as those on the earth.
15. Europeans are much more serious than we are in America because they think that a good place to discuss intellectual matters is a beer party.