15 Inspirational Quotes By Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Posted on Thu Feb 08, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. Advice is like snow – the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind.
2. Love is flower like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree.
3. The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father.
4. Friendship is a sheltering tree.
5. The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions – the little, soon forgotten charities of a kiss or a smile, a kind look or heartfelt compliment.
6. The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.
7. Every reform, however necessary, will by weak minds be carried to an excess, that itself will need reforming.
8. Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm.
9. Poetry has been to me its own exceeding great reward; it has given me the habit of wishing to discover the good and beautiful in all that meets and surrounds me.
10. A poet ought not to pick nature’s pocket. Let him borrow, and so borrow as to repay by the very act of borrowing. Examine nature accurately, but write from recollection, and trust more to the imagination than the memory.
11. Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom.
12. I have seen great intolerance shown in support of tolerance.
13. And though thou notest from thy safe recess old friends burn dim, like lamps in noisome air love them for what they are; nor love them less, because to thee they are not what they were.
14. The principle of the Gothic architecture is infinity made imaginable.
15. No one does anything from a single motive.