15 Inspirational Quotes By Sojourner Truth
Posted on Thu Feb 08, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. Truth is powerful and it prevails.
2. If women want any rights more than they’s got, why don’t they just take them, and not be talking about it.
3. Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other.
4. I am not going to die, I’m going home like a shooting star.
5. That little man in black there, he says women can’t have as much rights as men ’cause Christ wasn’t a woman! Where did your Christ come from? Where did your Christ come from? From God and a woman! Man had nothing to do with Him.
6. There is a great stir about colored men getting their rights, but not a word about the colored women; and if colored men get their rights, and not colored women theirs, you see, the colored men will be masters over the women, and it will be just as bad as it was before.
7. I have plowed and planted and gathered into barns, and no man could head me. And aren’t I a woman?
8. I tell you I can’t read a book, but I can read de people.
9. The rich rob the poor, and the poor rob one another.
10. God will take care of the poor trampled slave, but where will the slaveholder be when eternity begins?
11. If the Lord comes and burns – as you say he will – I am not going away; I am going to stay here and stand the fire, like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego! And Jesus will walk with me through the fire and keep me from harm.
12. When I got religion, I found some work to do to benefit somebody.
13. Religion without humanity is very poor human stuff.
14. We do as much, we eat as much, we want as much.
15. It is the mind that makes the body.e.