15 Inspirational Quotes By Susan B. Anthony
Posted on Thu Feb 08, 2018 Posted By Admin
1. Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.
2. The day may be approaching when the whole world will recognize woman as the equal of man.
3. I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand.
4. It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union. And we formed it, not to give the blessings of liberty, but to secure them; not to the half of ourselves and the half of our posterity, but to the whole people – women as well as men.
5. Organize, agitate, educate, must be our war cry.
6. Independence is happiness.
7. No man is good enough to govern any woman without her consent.
8. Suffrage is the pivotal right.
9. There never will be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers.
10. I do not demand equal pay for any women save those who do equal work in value. Scorn to be coddled by your employers; make them understand that you are in their service as workers, not as women.
11. The principle of self-government cannot be violated with impunity. The individual’s right to it is sacred – regardless of class, caste, race, color, sex or any other accident or incident of birth.
12. I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet.
13. Oh, if I could but live another century and see the fruition of all the work for women! There is so much yet to be done.
14. I have encountered riotous mobs and have been hung in effigy, but my motto is: Men’s rights are nothing more. Women’s rights are nothing less.
15. The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball – the further I am rolled the more I gain.