Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2018
Posted by Admin
1. I’m going to always rise above the doubt that may exist about me.
2. People put me on a box, and I love when people think they know what I am capable of or not capable of. I thrive off of that.
3. It is a lot of responsibility. But I enjoy being a father. That’s one of the best parts of my life. I feel like, man, that’s one of the greatest things I’ve got going on, being a father.
4. I’m happy to be on a winning team. My individual success, that lasts for a short period of time. The success of being a part of the South, of Atlanta, which is now the hot bed of music, that’s what’s gonna last the longest. The fact that I contributed to planting our flag and moving music to my city, that’s what I’m most proud of.
5. At the end of the day, I got to live my life for my family, for my children, and I’m going to do what’s best for them.
6. I wouldn’t mind going somewhere and taking a president position and signing acts and taking the attention off of me and taking what I’ve learned in my career and applying that to another person’s.
7. My father passed away in 2002, but yes, we were pretty close. I loved him a lot.
8. It goes without saying that it’s hard to attain a certain level of success.
9. Nobody is gonna love you like you. You’re gonna be your best salesman.
10. Everyone has something to sell. The greatest thing you can ever sell is an idea or talent.
11. Danger is ever-present in life, more for some than others.
12. Let it be known: I am a free agent. I’m operating as an independent label. I do not have corporate sponsors. I don’t have no corporate backing. I don’t have no major distribution.
13. My childhood name that my father gave me, my mother, my grandmother, grandfather, family and friends all call me T.I.P.
14. To expect for me to be one-way every time you see me is to expect me to be a one-dimensional man, which I’ve never been. I’ve always applauded my efforts to be diverse and multi-faceted.
15. You know, when I put out records that may not work or connect with the audience, it’s because I’m pushing myself as an artist creatively, because I’m just bored doing what everyone wants me to do.