Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2018
Posted by Admin
1. Things will come and go, and your life will go on, but you don’t want to get too ahead of yourself.
2. I’ve done stuff in the past and followed in the footsteps of my heroes, and each time, it felt a little bit surreal.
3. A lot of the ups and downs for me, especially the downs, I feel like it came in a lot of indirect ways because I didn’t appreciate what I had.
4. So much of what I do has been based off of my heroes and guys I’ve watched come up.
5. I was an all-sport athlete growing up. My dad, I think, hoped I would go to college on a scholarship.
6. I grew up on WWE. Eddie Guerrero is my everything. He’s my hero, as are Shawn Michaels and Tiger Mask. I tried to model myself after them.
7. Lucha libre culture was part of my wrestling upbringing. I’m Filipino, so it wasn’t a part of my normal upbringing, but it’s what gave me my start. I get a lot of my technical and high-flying wrestling from that.
8. I try to take each moment at a time.
9. I grew up kind of self-supported, that kind of environment, because my parents both worked for airlines.
10. I could program the VCR when I was really young.
11. I got to do a lot of good things at a young age. I really kind of knocked out my bucket list when I was really young.
12. I went to Japan and I lived there. I lived in Mexico for a year. I went to Europe. I lived in Canada.
13. Part of the reason why Kobe Bryant is such a big inspiration to me is because he was shipped off to the Lakers right out of high school. He went from English class to the Great Western Forum.
14. I got thrust into some great things when I was really young.
15. Rich Swann is probably the only guy who’s more charismatic among this whole bunch than me, and I think it showed in our match.