15 Inspirational Quotes By Thich Nhat Hanh
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.
2. Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones.
3. If you truly get in touch with a piece of carrot, you get in touch with the soil, the rain, the sunshine. You get in touch with Mother Earth and eating in such a way, you feel in touch with true life, your roots, and that is meditation. If we chew every morsel of our food in that way we become grateful and when you are grateful, you are happy.
4. Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity.
5. Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
6. If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.
7. We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize.
8. We will be more successful in all our endeavors if we can let go of the habit of running all the time, and take little pauses to relax and re-center ourselves. And we’ll also have a lot more joy in living.
9. We humans have lost the wisdom of genuinely resting and relaxing. We worry too much. We don’t allow our bodies to heal, and we don’t allow our minds and hearts to heal.
10. It’s very important that we re-learn the art of resting and relaxing. Not only does it help prevent the onset of many illnesses that develop through chronic tension and worrying; it allows us to clear our minds, focus, and find creative solutions to problems.
11. People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
12. You carry Mother Earth within you. She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment. In that insight of inter-being, it is possible to have real communication with the Earth, which is the highest form of prayer.
13. There is no way to happiness – happiness is the way.
14. People sacrifice the present for the future. But life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.
15. When you love someone, the best thing you can offer is your presence. How can you love if you are not there?