15 Inspirational Quotes By Thomas Aquinas
Posted on Thu Feb 08, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.
2. If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever.
3. The things that we love tell us what we are.
4. Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.
5. To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
6. Well-ordered self-love is right and natural.
7. Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.
8. Every judgement of conscience, be it right or wrong, be it about things evil in themselves or morally indifferent, is obligatory, in such wise that he who acts against his conscience always sins.
9. Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.
10. Law is nothing other than a certain ordinance of reason for the common good, promulgated by the person who has the care of the community.
11. Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher is bound in his way to be a lover of myths and poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in being big with wonder.
12. To bear with patience wrongs done to oneself is a mark of perfection, but to bear with patience wrongs done to someone else is a mark of imperfection and even of actual sin.
13. Love takes up where knowledge leaves off.
14. The test of the artist does not lie in the will with which he goes to work, but in the excellence of the work he produces.
15. Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do.