15 Inspirational Quotes By Thomas Merton
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.
2. Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
3. The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
4. Every moment and every event of every man’s life on earth plants something in his soul.
5. Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.
6. Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
7. We must make the choices that enable us to fulfill the deepest capacities of our real selves.
8. The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved in one another.
9. Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience.
10. The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little.
11. What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous.
12. We do not exist for ourselves alone, and it is only when we are fully convinced of this fact that we begin to love ourselves properly and thus also love others.
13. Perhaps I am stronger than I think.
14. We stumble and fall constantly even when we are most enlightened. But when we are in true spiritual darkness, we do not even know that we have fallen.
15. The tighter you squeeze, the less you have.