15 Inspirational Quotes By Thomas Paine
Posted on Thu Feb 08, 2018 Posted By Admin
1. The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.
2. The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
3. Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us.
4. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
5. The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
6. A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right.
7. If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
8. Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
9. Those who want to reap the benefits of this great nation must bear the fatigue of supporting it.
10. When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.
11. He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
12. Character is much easier kept than recovered.
13. We have it in our power to begin the world over again.
14. Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
15. An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.