15 Inspirational Quotes By V. S. Naipaul
Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2018
Posted by Admin
1. A cat only has itself.
2. Home is, I suppose just a child’s idea. A house at night, and a lamp in the house. A place to feel safe.
3. One always writes comedy at the moment of deepest hysteria.
4. In a way my reputation has become that of the curmudgeon.
5. One isn’t born one’s self. One is born with a mass of expectations, a mass of other people’s ideas – and you have to work through it all.
6. An autobiography can distort; facts can be realigned. But fiction never lies: it reveals the writer totally.
7. One must always try to see the truth of a situation – it makes things universal.
8. The world is what it is; men who are nothing, who allow themselves to become nothing, have no place in it.
9. Many writers tend to write summing-up books at the end of their lives.
10. My life is short. I can’t listen to banality.
11. It is important not to trust people too much.
12. Judgment is contained in the act of trying to understand.
13. If you decide to move to another country and to live within its laws you don’t express your disregard for the essence of the culture. It’s a form of aggression.
14. My grief is that the publishing world, the book writing world is an extraordinary shoddy, dirty, dingy world.
15. In England people are very proud of being very stupid.