Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2018
Posted by Admin
1. An evening dress that reveals a woman’s ankles while walking is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.
2. I love the 2000s because everyone started to love haute couture.
3. I am especially grateful that I have been able to keep my own style over the decades, in spite of the many changes that have taken place in the world of fashion and in its business.
4. I love my beauty. It’s not my fault.
5. I am happy that thousands of students, young designers and fashion people will be able to see and study my work in every aspect of it.
6. Even as a young boy, my passion was to design, and I have been very lucky to be able to do what I have loved all my life. There can be few greater gifts than that.
7. Unfortunately, the greatest photographers don’t pay extreme attention to the clothes. If they decide to put a dress in a bathtub or in front of a cow in the countryside with dirt everywhere, well, the dresses come back… ready to be put in the garbage.
8. I hope people will say, ‘Mr. Valentino, he did something for fashion, no?’
9. I am like a freight train. Working on the details, twisting them and playing with them over the years, but always staying on the same track.
10. I like things simple.
11. I know what women want. They want to be beautiful.
12. There are only three things I can do – make a dress, decorate a house, and entertain people.
13. I have my favourite fashion decade, yes, yes, yes: ’60s. It was a sort of little revolution; the clothes were amazing but not too exaggerated.
14. My first year, people were interested in me because I was new. Then the press started to come.
15. I didn’t like the ’80s at all; it was a vulgar moment of fashion.