15 Inspirational Quotes By Van Morrison
Posted on Thu Feb 22, 2018 Posted By Admin
1. There is no black-and-white situation. It’s all part of life. Highs, lows, middles.
2. In order to win you must be prepared to lose sometime. And leave one or two cards showing.
3. Music is spiritual. The music business is not.
4. Being famous was extremely disappointing for me. When I became famous it was a complete drag and it is still a complete drag.
5. A famous person to themselves, they don’t get up in the morning and think, I’m famous. I’m not famous to me. Famous is a perception.
6. I’ve never felt like I was born with a silver spoon at all, although I’ve felt like howling at the moon a lot of times!
7. The future is keeping you out of the present time.
8. I went back to Belfast and started a club, the Maritime. No one had thought about doing a blues club, so I was the first.
9. If it’s what you do and you can do it, then you do it.
10. I think Paul McGuinness and U2 created the Irish music industry. It certainly wasn’t there before that.
11. You can’t stay the same. If you’re a musician and a singer, you have to change, that’s the way it works.
12. There’s always got to be a struggle. What else is there? That’s what life is made of. I don’t know anything else. If there is, tell me about it.
13. The point of jazz is, you do something and then you go on.
14. Singing is my profession – there is no plan B.
15. You learn to read the audiences after a while, and there are all different kinds of gigs.