15 Inspirational Quotes By Vanessa Kerry
Posted on Thu Feb 22, 2018 Posted By Admin
1. The dinner table is a lively debate, and everybody weighs in in a different way. I like that, though.
2. But one of the things I learned is that when you fight for something you believe in and you tell the truth and you do your best, you can always hold your head up high and no one can take that away from you.
3. I think my dad is this great, wonderful… man with a lot of integrity, who is fighting for things he believes in and is serious in what he wants to see happen and serious in helping people.
4. I think there is a generation gap. I personally look forward to, as our generation becomes the leaders, you are gonna see a change, and I think hopefully gay marriage will be a part of that country.
5. It was definitely a part of our life. I mean, my mom had both her brothers and her fiancee in Vietnam at the same time, so it wasn’t just my dad’s story, it was my mom’s story too. And we definitely grew up listening to the stories.
6. It wasn’t until two or three years ago that I actually learned that in the end he actually did kill someone. But that was a choice that he faced: to kill or be killed.
7. We don’t necessarily always agree, but hopefully we make each other think, and that’s what matters.
8. You’re blinded by lights and you see all these people who come out, and it’s exciting. It’s scary and it’s exciting all rolled into one.
9. I was very close to my mother, and her death, which left a gaping hole in my life, has been very difficult for me and my father in a lot of ways.
10. I just learned not to take a single thing for granted, and I think it just is extraordinary.
11. And I think we created something incredible as a Democratic group, as a platform, as an effort to make a change in the country, and I think we did change this country. And I think we will continue to, and I know that my father is not going to stop fighting.
12. I, for one, am actually still incredibly idealistic, and I still can credibly or very strongly believe that you have to keep fighting for what you believe in, because it’s only when you stop that you’ve truly lost.
13. There has to be room for people to make mistakes and lead their own lives.
14. We don’t want to be treated any differently, and we want to continue with our lives and our careers.
15. I have the rare privilege of talking to my dad every night at 10 p.m. and hearing about what he did that day.