15 Inspirational Quotes By Virginia Woolf
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted By Admin
1. One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
2. Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.
3. You cannot find peace by avoiding life.
4. Language is wine upon the lips.
5. For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
6. Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
7. These are the soul’s changes. I don’t believe in ageing. I believe in forever altering one’s aspect to the sun. Hence my optimism.
8. Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size.
9. Once conform, once do what other people do because they do it, and a lethargy steals over all the finer nerves and faculties of the soul. She becomes all outer show and inward emptiness; dull, callous, and indifferent.
10. Life is not a series of gig lamps symmetrically arranged; life is a luminous halo, a semi-transparent envelope surrounding us from the beginning of consciousness to the end.
11. The man who is aware of himself is henceforward independent; and he is never bored, and life is only too short, and he is steeped through and through with a profound yet temperate happiness.
12. It seems as if an age of genius must be succeeded by an age of endeavour; riot and extravagance by cleanliness and hard work.
13. The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages.
14. Fiction is like a spider’s web, attached ever so slightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners. Often the attachment is scarcely perceptible.
15. Where the Mind is biggest, the Heart, the Senses, Magnanimity, Charity, Tolerance, Kindliness, and the rest of them scarcely have room to breathe.