15 Inspirational Quotes By Vivienne Westwood
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. There’s nowhere else like London. Nothing at all, anywhere.
2. Buy less. Choose well. Make it last. Quality, not quantity. Everybody’s buying far too many clothes.
3. Don’t just eat McDonald’s, get something a bit better. Eat a salad. That’s what fashion is. It’s something that is a bit better.
4. Fashion is here to help make people look very important. If they have good taste and choose what suits them, I give them options on how they can do that. It’s always sexy, and it’s always with the same result: making women look fantastic.
5. I am attracted to people who make this effort in knowing what suits them – they are individual and stylish.
6. I can’t think without my glasses.
7. I didn’t consider myself a fashion designer at all at the time of punk. I was just using fashion as a way to express my resistance and to be rebellious. I came from the country, and by the time I got to London, I considered myself to be very stupid. It was my ambition to understand the world I live in.
8. The age in which we live, this non-stop distraction, is making it more impossible for the young generation to ever have the curiosity or discipline… because you need to be alone to find out anything.
9. You have a more interesting life if you wear impressive clothes.
10. I think dress, hairstyle and make-up are the crucial factors in projecting an attractive persona and give one the chance to enhance one’s best physical features.
11. I don’t have faith in young people any more. I don’t waste time trying to communicate with them.
12. I just use fashion as an excuse to talk about politics. Because I’m a fashion designer, it gives me a voice, which is really good.
13. Women fight for democracy and engage in the world. But they shouldn’t try and be copying men and be masculine; they should anchor on the home and build on those fundamentals.
14. There is so much that people take for granted.
15. My aim is to make the poor look rich and the rich look poor.