15 Inspirational Quotes By Vladimir Nabokov
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea.
2. Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one.
3. The evolution of sense is, in a sense, the evolution of nonsense.
4. Caress the detail, the divine detail.
5. Existence is a series of footnotes to a vast, obscure, unfinished masterpiece.
6. The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.
7. Complacency is a state of mind that exists only in retrospective: it has to be shattered before being ascertained.
8. The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible.
9. Happy is the novelist who manages to preserve an actual love letter that he received when he was young within a work of fiction, embedded in it like a clean bullet in flabby flesh and quite secure there, among spurious lives.
10. Genius is an African who dreams up snow.
11. Imagination, the supreme delight of the immortal and the immature, should be limited. In order to enjoy life, we should not enjoy it too much.
12. Nothing is more exhilarating than philistine vulgarity.
13. Literature and butterflies are the two sweetest passions known to man.
14. There are aphorisms that, like airplanes, stay up only while they are in motion.
15. There is nothing in the world that I loathe more than group activity, that communal bath where the hairy and slippery mix in a multiplication of mediocrity.