15 Inspirational Quotes By W. E. B. Du Bois
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men.
2. Education must not simply teach work – it must teach Life.
3. Read some good, heavy, serious books just for discipline: Take yourself in hand and master yourself.
4. To be a poor man is hard, but to be a poor race in a land of dollars is the very bottom of hardships.
5. A classic is a book that doesn’t have to be written again.
6. To stimulate wildly weak and untrained minds is to play with mighty fires..
7. Education and work are the levers to uplift a people.
8. Most men today cannot conceive of a freedom that does not involve somebody’s slavery.
9. Education is the development of power and ideal.
10. A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills.
11. A true and worthy ideal frees and uplifts a people; a false ideal imprisons and lowers.
12. When you have mastered numbers, you will in fact no longer be reading numbers, any more than you read words when reading books You will be reading meanings.
13. The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?
14. Believe in life! Always human beings will live and progress to greater, broader, and fuller life.
15. Make yourself do unpleasant things so as to gain the upper hand of your soul.