15 Inspirational Quotes By W. Edwards Deming
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. Quality is everyone’s responsibility.
2. If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you’re doing.
3. A bad system will beat a good person every time.
4. Quality is pride of workmanship.
5. If you don’t understand how to run an efficient operation, new machinery will just give you new problems of operation and maintenance. The sure way to increase productivity is to better administrate man and machine.
6. It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.
7. It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best.
8. The prevailing – and foolish – attitude is that a good manager can be a good manager anywhere, with no special knowledge of the production process he’s managing. A man with a financial background may know nothing about manufacturing shoes or cars, but he’s put in charge anyway.
9. Research shows that the climate of an organization influences an individual’s contribution far more than the individual himself.
10. No one knows the cost of a defective product – don’t tell me you do. You know the cost of replacing it, but not the cost of a dissatisfied customer.
11. Innovation comes from the producer – not from the customer.
12. Learning is not compulsory… neither is survival.
13. Profit in business comes from repeat customers, customers that boast about your project or service, and that bring friends with them.
14. People with targets and jobs dependent upon meeting them will probably meet the targets – even if they have to destroy the enterprise to do it.
15. The prevailing system of management has crushed fun out of the workplace.