15 Inspirational Quotes By W. H. Auden
Posted on Tue Feb 20, 2018 Posted By Admin
1. I’ll love you, dear, I’ll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street.
2. We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don’t know.
3. Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.
4. Sob, heavy world Sob as you spin, Mantled in mist Remote from the happy.
5. A professor is someone who talks in someone else’s sleep.
6. If equal affection cannot be, let the more loving be me.
7. All sins tend to be addictive, and the terminal point of addiction is damnation.
8. Evil is unspectacular and always human, and shares our bed and eats at our own table.
9. Before people complain of the obscurity of modern poetry, they should first examine their consciences and ask themselves with how many people and on how many occasions they have genuinely and profoundly shared some experience with another.
10. Death is the sound of distant thunder at a picnic.
11. A poet is a professional maker of verbal objects.
12. Perhaps there is only one cardinal sin: impatience. Because of impatience we were driven out of Paradise, because of impatience we cannot return.
13. We all have these places where shy humiliations gambol on sunny afternoons.
14. Now is the age of anxiety.
15. A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.