15 Inspirational Quotes By W. Somerset Maugham
Posted on Tue Feb 20, 2018 Posted by Admin
1. The love that lasts longest is the love that is never returned.
2. We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.
3. It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
4. Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
5. At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely.
6. Tradition is a guide and not a jailer.
7. Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young.
8. You are not angry with people when you laugh at them. Humor teaches tolerance.
9. If you don’t change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?
10. Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul.
11. The essence of the beautiful is unity in variety.
12. Money is the string with which a sardonic destiny directs the motions of its puppets.
13. If you want to eat well in England, eat three breakfasts.
14. It’s no good trying to keep up old friendships. It’s painful for both sides. The fact is, one grows out of people, and the only thing is to face it.
15. What makes old age hard to bear is not the failing of one’s faculties, mental and physical, but the burden of one’s memories.