15 Inspirational Quotes By Walter Benjamin
Posted on Fri Feb 16, 2018 Posted By Admin
1. The camera introduces us to unconscious optics as does psychoanalysis to unconscious impulses.
2. To be happy is to be able to become aware of oneself without fright.
3. Work on good prose has three steps: a musical stage when it is composed, an architectonic one when it is built, and a textile one when it is woven.
4. The destructive character lives from the feeling, not that life is worth living, but that suicide is not worth the trouble.
5. Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector’s passion borders on the chaos of memories.
6. The construction of life is at present in the power of facts far more than convictions.
7. Gifts must affect the receiver to the point of shock.
8. Boredom is the dream bird that hatches the egg of experience. A rustling in the leaves drives him away.
9. The greater the decrease in the social significance of an art form, the sharper the distinction between criticism and enjoyment by the public. The conventional is uncritically enjoyed, and the truly new is criticized with aversion.
10. The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
11. Counsel woven into the fabric of real life is wisdom.
12. Genuine polemics approach a book as lovingly as a cannibal spices a baby.
13. Memory is not an instrument for exploring the past but its theatre. It is the medium of past experience, as the ground is the medium in which dead cities lie interred.
14. All human knowledge takes the form of interpretation.
15. It is only for the sake of those without hope that hope is given to us.